Ancaster Soccer Club U8 Mini Soccer Rules
- 2 X 25 min halves, 5 minute halftime in between
- A maximum of 5 players (including the goalie) on the field at one time
- If a team cannot field a minimum of 5 players, they shall “forfeit” the game.
Substitutions can be made at ANY stoppage of play with approval from the referee.
Offside is NOT enforced
Fouls and Stoppages
- Awarded when an infraction is committed by the defending team in its penalty area.
- During the penalty kick, all players shall stand outside the penalty area.
- The ball will be centered 7m in front of the goal line.
- The goalie shall stand on the goal line until the ball is kicked.
- The ball is “live” once kicked, if a goal is scored, the play will restart at half.
- The ball shall be placed anywhere in the “mini” box.
- All players should be outside the penalty area (large box) for goal kicks.
- A player cannot touch the ball until it has exited the penalty area (large box).
- There are NO corner kicks
- Awarded by the referee when an infraction is committed.
- Opposing players shall be a minimum of 5m from the ball.
- All free kicks outside the penalty area are indirect (two touch) in mini soccer.
If the ball crosses the touch line, a kick in is awarded to the opposing team. Kick-Ins are treated as an indirect free kick.
When the goalkeeper has the ball in his/her hands OR at a goal kick, the opposing team members would “retreat” to half. Once all the opposing players have retreated to the line the goalkeeper can successfully throw or pass the ball to one of his/her teammates. The ball is in play once it leaves the penalty area. All opponents must be behind the retreat line and cannot cross the retreat line until the ball:
- Is touched by a player of the team taking the goal kick OR,
- Leaves the field of play OR,
- Goes over the retreat line. (If the goalkeeper chooses to play the ball across the retreat line prior to the opposition crossing the retreat line).