Ancaster Soccer Club U18 Rules
- 2 X 45 min halves, 5 minute halftime in between
- A maximum of 11 players (including the goalie) on the field at one time
- If a team cannot field a minimum of 7 players, they shall “forfeit” the game.
Substitutions can be made on your own goal kick, corner kick or throw-in with approval from the referee. Piggy-backs are allowed.
A player is in an offside position if:
He/she is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the 2nd last defender. A player is not in an offside position (onside) if:
- He/she is in their own half of the field of play
- He/she is level with the second last opponent
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:
- A goal kick
- A throw-in
- A corner kick
The restart of an offside is an indirect free kick from where the infraction took place. Fouls and Stoppages
- Awarded when an infraction is committed by the defending team in its penalty area.
- During the penalty kick, all players shall stand outside the penalty area.
- The ball will be centered 12 m in front of the goal line.
- The goalie shall stand on the goal line until the ball is kicked.
- The ball is “live” once kicked, if a goal is scored, the play will restart at half.
- The ball shall be placed anywhere in or on the edge of the 6 yard box.
- All players should be outside the penalty area (large box) for goal kicks.
- A player cannot touch the ball until it has exited the penalty area (large box).
- Awarded by the referee when an infraction is committed.
- Opposing players shall be a minimum of 10 m from the ball.
- Both direct and indirect (two-touch) free kicks may be given depending on the nature of the foul committed.
If the ball crosses the touch line, a kick in is awarded to the opposing team. Throw-Ins are treated as an indirect free kick where as a goal cannot be scored directly from a throw.